That’s hello in Vietnamese 🇻🇳
For those who are looking for a low carb and high fiber diet, why not try making your own Vietnamese Rice Roll?
They are seriously easy to make and what’s more, each rice paper sheet is only 5g carbs and about 20 calories!
Traditional Vietnamese rice rolls are made with fresh prawns, mint leaves or sweet basil leaves, lettuce, bean sprouts and vermicelli noodles wrapped in rice paper.
You can decide what goes into your healthy rice rolls and can choose your favourite vegetables for this!
You can buy these amazing Vietnamese rice paper in most local shops. The dried rice paper are semi translucent and hard.
I have made two versions that I will share with you.
Version One ☝🏻
Shredded purple lettuces
Vermicelli noodles (cooked)
Version Two (vegan) ✌🏻
Chopped cherry tomatoes
Sliced beet roots
Alfalfa and Radish sprouts
The difficulty in making this is 2 biceps out of 5. The handling of the rice paper may be a bit tricky for those who are new to it but after a few tries, I am sure you will get the hang out of making them. It can get quite addictive once you start.
1. Get all your ingredients ready before making the rolls. You don’t want to be scrambling around for ingredients once you start rolling 😜
2. Take a plate and pour a bit of water in. Place a piece of rice paper onto the plate and let the rice paper soak on tbe plate. Let it soak for about a minute or two.
3. Transfer the rice paper onto a chopping board or plate and place your salad on it (remember not to let the rice paper soak too long or it will be too soft to handle). Make sure you do not put too much ingredients or you may find it difficult to roll the rice paper up. No one likes an exploding rice roll.
4. Roll the rice paper up like a burrito or a Chinese springroll. Cut the rice roll into half and place them on a plate.
5. Repeat the process until your whole plate will be filled with rice rolls. 😜
6. Serve them as it is or with your favourite dipping sauce.
You can choose any combination of meats and vegetables for your own rolls. You are only limited by your own imagination.
Till next time, keep lifting, rolling and eat healthy! 💪🏽😉