For those who have been following my blog, you would had read about the lunch with my friend, Mario Zwingmann, who is a WFF Pro. Last weekend he just won 1st runner up for WFF Mr Universe held in Florida. Yet another awesome victory for him! Congratulations Mario!
Beside the insightful fitness and diet sharing from him (see my last blog), as promised previously, here is the recipie for my baked chicken. This recipe is very simple to prepare. I believe anyone can follow and you can serve it on your next lunch or dinner gathering.
I would rank the difficulty level for preparing this dish as 3 biceps out of 5.
Now, let’s get started right away!
Cook2Gym Baked Chicken Breast Stuffed with Goat Cheese & Garlic, served with Roasted Greens
1. Chicken Breast (I used 7 chicken breasts for 4 adults and 2 kids)
2. Goat Cheese
3. Low fat cheddar cheese
4. Greens such as capsicums and tomatoes
1. 1 tablespoons of dried basil leaves
2. 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
3. 2 tablespoons of black pepper
4. A pinch of Himalayan Salt
5. Fresh lemon juice from one and a half of lemon
1. First, prepare the marinating sauce so that it would be easier when you assemble your stuffed chicken later. Just put every ingredient for the marinating sauce into a mixing bowl and stir well.
2. Next, cut open your chicken breast carefully and making sure that it remains in one piece. After that, tenderise the chicken breast using a meat mallet.
3. Dip your chicken breast into the marinating sauce. Ensure the meat is fully covered with the sauce.
4. Place the cheddar cheese and goat cheese onto one side of the chicken breast (as shown below).
5. Roll the chicken breast up and secure it in place using tooth picks. Repeat for the rest of your chicken breasts.
6. Place your stuffed chicken in a baking dish and pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and let it marinate for at least two hours but the result would be even tastier if left marinating overnight in the fridge. The lemon juice will help to tenderise the chicken meat allowing all the flavours to be absorbed into the meat.
7. After marinating, add your favourite greens (mine are capsicums and tomatoes) to the baking dish and brush a thin layer of coconut oil on the greens.
8. Bake them at 180 degrees for 2 hours. Every half an hour, pour some water on the chicken to keep them moist.
Serve your chicken and greens with your favourite carbohydrate. It goes very well with sweet potato or brown rice. 😉
Oh, one more thing. Remember to remove the tooth picks from the chicken before serving them! You won’t want to surprise your guest with that! 😝