Greetings my friends,
It’s been a while!
This is one of my most time consuming recipes but in my humble opinion, it is well worth the time and effort. Trust me 😬
A Mille Crepe cake does not actually have a million layers (although if it really does, I think it will be super awesome dessert), and my recipe require only 25 layers of protein crepe.
The difficulty in making this cake is 4 out of 5 biceps.
The challenge is that it is simply repetitive and you need to make sure that you don’t overcook each crepe.
Here is what you need for this cake:
For the crepe
6 cups of chocolate whey protein
6 cups of gluten free baking flour
10 cups of milk
Few drops of red food colouring
For the cream cheese:
1 low fat cream cheese
3 cups of milk
1 box of sugar free vanilla jell-o
1. Mix the batter for the crepe by adding whey, flour, milk and egg into a mixing bowl. The recipe should give you about 25 crepes. The batter should be smooth and fluid rather than sticky.
2. Add few drops of red food colouring till you are happy with the red intensity.
3. For the cream cheese filling, mix the sugar free jell-o and milk to form the pudding and then add cream cheese into the pudding. Keep the mixture in the fridge for later use.
4. Heat the pan and add a bit of coconut oil. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the pan and spread it evenly on the pan. Carefully flip the crepe to the other side when it’s turn slightly brown.
5. Repeat for 25 times.
6. To assemble the cake. Spread a bit of cream cheese mix onto the crepe and repeat the layering for 25 times.
7. Decorate the final layer with some crushed air dried raspberries… actually having it on its own is rather awesome as well.
Like I said, this cake requires some effort and patience to make but the satisfaction you get when slicing through each layer is nothing but pure ecstasy (ok, getting too excited here)!
Till next time, keep lifting and eat smart.