This is my creative fusion of traditional Asian and Western cuisine – Asian beef curry with Italian lasagna.
The use of curry and cheese in this dish delivers bursts of spicy and savoury sensations in one mouthful. There is a heathy twist to my creation. I make it gluten free by replacing sliced zucchini instead of traditional lasagna pasta.
This dish is suitable for everyone looking for a delectable healthy meal, even people with gluten allergies who can not eat normal pasta.
I love experimenting with different and novel ingredients in my cooking and making sure that they are nutritious and suitable for everyone.
I rank this as 4 biceps out of 5 to create this dish due to the slicing of zucchini and preparing the fillings.
Gluten free Beef Curry Lasagna
537 Calories, 34g Carbs, 21g Fats, 53g Protein
Ingredients needed for 4 servings:
400g of grounded lean beef
3 medium size potatoes (chopped)
1 medium size onions (chopped)
2 medium size carrots (chopped)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of curry powder
1 tablespoons of pepper corns
1 tablespoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon of ground ginger
1 tablespoon of thymes
1 tablespoon of sea salt
1 cup of coconut milk
70g of Mozzarella cheese
425g of Ricoota cheese
50g of Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 tablespoon of basil leaves
3 large zucchini sliced longitudinally to replace lasagna pasta
1. Spread a layer of meat filling into the baking dish and layer with zucchini slices.
2. Spread a layer of cheese filling and repeat with the meat filling.
3. Last layer of zucchini spread the remaining cheese filling and cover the mozzarella.
4. Cover the baking dish with foil (making sure that the foil do not touch the cheese).
5. Bake for 40 minutes at 200 degree.
6. Remove foil and continue baking for 10 minutes at 200 degree.
7. Cut into 4 portions and serve with leafy salad.